Join our acclaimed chefs and competition barbequer’s. This is a rare opportunity for the BBQ lover to learn how took the perfect Christmas fare every time using only the very best in Weber BBQ’s.
The award-winning BBQ team masters will chat all things meat selection, trimming, brining, rubs, smokers & cooking. Here's your chance to learn tips & tricks you won’t get anywhere else.
What's Included$25 Peter Augustus Meats voucher
Beers & Ciders from Loose Moose Brewing
Recipes sheets, hints & tips
2 hours fun, amazing BBQ flavours and great time
You get to eat everything we cook.
- Meat selection. Aging and marbling etc
- Trimming to spec trim or catering trim.
- To inject or not to inject. What to use and why. Flavoured injections right through to using phosphates and flavour enhancers like MSG and 635.
- We look at the processes of dry brining and wet brining and what its benefits are.
- Rubs and glazing methods. Learn the art of smoking using your Weber BBQ.
- Firing your beast up. We look at the best and quickest ways to bring your beast up to cooking temp.
- Wood, briquette and charcoal selection or pellet selection. We will teach you the best woods for flavour.
- Learn how to decorate your Christmas meats for the table and how to carve ham on the bone, pork belly and turkey.
MenuWe start with BBQ prawns on a delectable salad and classic bruschetta. Followed by a beautiful SunPork pork belly stuffed with Christmas fruits, nuts and port.
Then we will double smoke a leg ham and glaze it in pineapple, rum and star anise.
To complete the trifecta of BBQ meats will be a peach brined turkey breast smoked over apple and cherry wood.
Sides of char-grilled watermelon and feta salad, and a Qld classic mango, macadamia, lime and rocket salad.
It wouldn’t be Christmas without our famous crispy duck fat potatoes.
And the crowning glory Jennifer’s renowned rich Chrissy fruitcake cooked in the BBQ and served with a brandy crème anglaise.
Strictly 10 seats only. Small interactive classes. Prizes, give-aways & more
Proudly sponsored by:
- SunPork Fresh Foods
- Peter Augustus Craft Butcher
- Your Local Quality Butcher